Anita's Powers

Reply to topic    Pomme de Sang Forum Index » Characters View previous topic
View next topic
Anita's Powers
matthew
Vampire Slave
Vampire Slave

Post Anita's Powers Reply with quote
So how many vampire powers has Anita copied so far? She has Itzpapalotl's ability to drain life-force, Jean-Claude's arduer, she learned to draw blood from a distance in Incubus dreams and I think she also gained the ability to feed on rage from Primo or the Dragon but didn't manifest it until Blood Noir. She has Marmee's power to sever the ties of a master vampire and their servant and I think in Bullet it was mentioned she has Padma's power to call all animals but I am not certain on that. Did I get all this right or am I missing something?
Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
shanita
Human
Human

Post More powers Reply with quote
I think in one of the earlier books she had a power temporarily that she gain for Malcolm. Anyone remember? I will look at this more, it might make another great page for the wiki
Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
matthew
Vampire Slave
Vampire Slave

Post Reply with quote
I remember she used Malcom's power in Incubus Dreams but we haven't seen her use it since.
Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Hartmann
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Post Reply with quote
You've got it write, Malcolm's power was to read others thoughts and then influence them to agree with him. Calling animals, it's only the ones she's infected with, tiger was a gift from marmee. There was once when a SWAT member ate emotional energy, fear I think and she changed it to something more like the ardeur it surprised the man. Eating anger came from an incident with Richard inheriting her natural rage and she took it back from him. Her ardeur sometimes grants other wishes too.
Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:50 am View user's profile Send private message
Hartmann
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Post Reply with quote
Oh gosh, don't forget raising the dead, including vampires, she raised Willie and Damian and also prevented Damian's life force from leaving his body after Warrick had stabbed him through the heart.

She also healed his flesh once using her necromancy and she also healed with Rhaina's munin, channeling her.
Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 am View user's profile Send private message
matthew
Vampire Slave
Vampire Slave

Post Reply with quote
Gosh we haven't seen her heal using the Munin or her necromancy in a long time. She usually uses the arduer to do that. She seems to have a handle on Marmie's power to sever the bonds between a vampire and his servant as she threatened to do it to Melchoir and Irene in Dead Ice.

I just read the part where Anita and the others are fighting Belle and Padma. It's in Bullet page 105.

"She has the power of two bloodlines, Jean-Claude; don't you see that we must tame her?" Padma said.

"She carries the power of Belle's line," Jean-Claude said.

"She calls beasts like she is one of mine, Jean-Claude. Don't you understand yet how dangerous she is to us all? She gains power from every vampire that attacks her. She touched me once, used her ties to wolf once against meme. Felt me call beast once, now she is able to call beasts as I do."

"I was attacked by a panwere," I said.

"And why was he attracted to your city, Anita? Why did he attack your people? He was drawn to you necromancer."

Funny, it has never occurred to me that my ability to call animals came from the Master of Beasts.

This might be why she has so many strains in her body. It might be the marks but if she does have Padma's power then it would explain why she has so many viruses in her body and is able to tap into their powers without shifting form.

In the next book she is supposed to face Damian's maker. Wonder if she will wind up getting her power to feed on fear.
Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Hartmann
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Post Reply with quote
Damian's maker is a mora, creates and eats fear! An interesting power for the Executioner, who creates fear throughout the preternatural community. In her blog LKH states she is struggling to kill off a character, one who has been hospitalized and near death before, curious which one. Since vampires aren't usually hospitalized I'm assuming it's someone else, human or shifter. She says it's set in Ireland, should open a whole new world for Anita.
Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:52 am View user's profile Send private message
matthew
Vampire Slave
Vampire Slave

Post Reply with quote
Since it is in Ireland it will be interesting to see what the relations between the humans and supernatural will be. And how much pull will Anita have? I don't think she will have the same authority over there she does in America even though she is a Federal Marshal. Has Edward ever been hospitalized? I know he is going and it would make sense for him to be hard for Laurel to kill because he has been around since the first book.
Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:55 am View user's profile Send private message
Hartmann
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Post Reply with quote
No I don't think so, but his step son Peter has. I always thought a good plot twist would be for Edward to become injured and turned to save his life. My vote would be wererat.
Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:35 am View user's profile Send private message
matthew
Vampire Slave
Vampire Slave

Post Reply with quote
Oh wait maybe it is Nicky! He has become really close with Anita and I am sure he has been in the hospital. Edward becoming a wererat? I always saw him more as a wolf or lion.
Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:50 am View user's profile Send private message
Hartmann
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Post Reply with quote
I never liked the introduction of Nicki as a permanent character, he takes too much of Anita's time. Others who have been hospitalized, Nathanial, Cynric, Stephan, Rafael, Gregory. But I think it would be someone that might travel with her. Edward as a vampire would be more than frightening.
Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Pomme de Sang Forum Index » Characters All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: