Looking for Beta readers for an Original Novel

Reply to topic    Pomme de Sang Forum Index » Betas View previous topic
View next topic
Looking for Beta readers for an Original Novel
RekaStormborn
Vampire Executioner
Vampire Executioner

Post Looking for Beta readers for an Original Novel Reply with quote
I'm looking for beta readers to help with book 2 and 3 in my original series, Swords & Shields. It's a paranormal series with a variety of perternaturals.

Book 1, Strong Fort Spathi, is already out. http://tinyurl.com/StrongFortSpathi Anyone who agrees to help beta will receive a free eBook copy of book 1.

Books 2 and 3 are currently squished together in one super long piece (300k+ words total). I'm looking for plot level advise and suggestions on the best place to break the big piece into two separate books.

If you're interested, reply here or PM me and we can talk details.

"You see things, and you say, Why? but I dream things that never were, and I say, Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
RekaStormborn
Vampire Executioner
Vampire Executioner

Post Reply with quote
Here's some more specific info on Book 2:

Title: Swords & Shields Book 2
Length, Draft and Language: approximately 55,000 words, English, 3rd draft
Brief Summary: Drew is fighting his way to becoming the next leader of the North American werewolves, but fae magic and death dog the path of himself and the other candidates. Tyler does his best to help Drew keep himself and the rest of them safe when the magic does strike. Meanwhile, those tasked with protecting and overseeing the fight to become leader reach out to the Strong Fort pack and Sinikka for answers, and then protection of the candidates and the fight they must oversea. Can Sinikka protect them all from the fae threat long enough for Drew to find victory? And how do they find and neutralize that threat once Drew has won the fight to be leader?
Alternately, the original summary is here: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/rekastormborn/novels/swords-shields-2
Sub Genre & Keywords: Paranormal, Werewolves, Witches, Fae/Fairy, magic
Known Issues: Im sure there are many. Especially in grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc. Im not worried about all that yet.
Critique Requested: Plot and structure (pacing), character introductions and development, overall themes, coherence, and continuity
Critique Tolerance: Id like both broad story level critique as well as detail level with character, setting, etc. I want real, honest reactions, even if it means telling me Im doing it wrong in some (or many) places. An honest criticism is more helpful at this stage than simple compliments (not that I wont enjoy those).
Experience & Goals: This is the second book in a series. The first is already in print (you can see its summary here: https://heathercwright.wordpress.com/books/). Those who volunteer to critique book two will be offered a copy of book one to read first (no feedback required). I will be self-publishing this book once revisions are complete.
Method of Communication: Please contact me via email (reka[dot]stormborn[at]gmail[dot]com) if you would like to critique my novel. You can try NaNoMail but Im not great at checking it outside November. I prefer to send you a Word document and receive it back with your comments inserted (using the comment feature in Word) or to share a google document where you will again leave comments using the comment feature.
Anything else? Turnaround time: I would like to get the feedback returned within a month of sending you the novel to read through. I would like to send out copies to be read between now and the end of February. Disclaimer: if reading about openly gay characters will bother you, please do not ask to read this novel.
Excerpt/Link: Excerpt can be found here: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/rekastormborn/novels/swords-shields-2
Prologue: May 18: A Star Speaks of Wolves and Blood

"You see things, and you say, Why? but I dream things that never were, and I say, Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw
Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Pomme de Sang Forum Index » Betas All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: