Pomme de Sang Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Lyrics and proper format for.....

Reply to topic    Pomme de Sang Forum Index » Writer's Corner View previous topic
View next topic
Lyrics and proper format for.....
Luvslove^-^
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Post Lyrics and proper format for..... Reply with quote
Alright so here's my question: on song fics what is the best way to add lyrics? Should I just put the lyrics between paragraphs or insert them into the text? The story I'm working on is a sorta tribute I guess to a whole album so the lyrics are from different songs in each chapter. I found though the lyrics are awesome and I want to use them the whole song doesn't tie in to the chapter or I think they just don't match my main character. Edward won't let me get away with making him sound frantic or weak! I've already tried to submit my story twice but my format is wonky so before I try again I'd like some input. Please help I'm desperate! (T.T)

forget them, because I promise that they won't forget
you.'' - Solf J. Kimblee (FMA)
Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ruas
Wielder of El Kabong
Wielder of El Kabong

Post Reply with quote
Put the lyrics where they fit with the story. That might be scattered through the text or all at the top. Only the author can judge. Probably want to italicize them.

If you are seeing the story in your profile but not in the archive, that's because stories go into the queue to be moderated. After an author is validated, stories go straight to the archive without an admin taking a look. It's an extra step for everyone, but it keeps the quality of our archive high.

One thing to consider: if you want to hit return but not get an extra space between the lines, do [shift][return]. This is a soft return, and doesn't insert spaces.

I don't care about the age of consent, what's the age of reason? Has LKH reached it yet? -- Eldritchangeling
Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Luvslove^-^
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Post Reply with quote
thankyou
Any advice at this point is helpful thank you so much. Still havent decided how I'm do it but I think I'm leaning towards having them say or think the lyrics and adding authors notes or something to give credit to the songs. Should that still be italicized?

forget them, because I promise that they won't forget
you.'' - Solf J. Kimblee (FMA)
Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Pomme de Sang Forum Index » Writer's Corner All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: