Pomme de Sang Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Asher's Lament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Reply to topic    Pomme de Sang Forum Index » Character Blogs View previous topic
View next topic
Asher's Lament
AsherxAnita4ever
Vampire Slave
Vampire Slave

Post Reply with quote
Shock
I can't believe I missed visiting this blog. I love you so much. I adore you. You are lovely. love2 love2 love2 love2 love2 love2 love2 Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Anyway, I've been wanting to ask you a litle question. If I get really, really out of favor for something as stupid as, say, publically bitch-slapping a boy across the face because he dumped me, how I do I get his friends who are my friends too, to be my friends again.
And i find what the fledglings did unbelievably stupid. If you're looking for a fitting punishment - have them babysit my 7year old brother. It is granyed they'll never think of doing anything stupid again. I know I didn't.
Also another question - during your long lifetime have you ever seen Erzebet Bathory, the Blood Countess of Catiche. I don't know why, but I've always had the feeling she'd be of Belle Morte's bloodline. Speaking of which, how can I get involved enough with the Council so that eventually I get turned by them.
Once again, I LOVE YOU, ASHER.
Greetings from Bulgaria.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:06 am View user's profile Send private message
Fallinangel
Keeper of the Boo! Box

Post Reply with quote
Wow. That doesn't sound fun at all. But, to quote Spiderman here, 'great power comes with great responsibility' or some such. And when have you ever cared about someone who hates you? They obviously aren't worth your time of day...

FA: How old is LKH?
RS: Is it bad that I want to say "Old enough to know better?"
R: Is it worse that she doesn't seem to know better?
RS: Is she taking "you're only as old as you feel" too far?
Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
AsherxAnita4ever
Vampire Slave
Vampire Slave

Post Reply with quote
Good piont.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Asher2Ashes
Character Blogger

Post Reply with quote
AsherxAnita4ever wrote:
Shock
I can't believe I missed visiting this blog. I love you so much. I adore you. You are lovely. love2 love2 love2 love2 love2 love2 love2 Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

Also another question - during your long lifetime have you ever seen Erzebet Bathory, the Blood Countess of Catiche. I don't know why, but I've always had the feeling she'd be of Belle Morte's bloodline. Speaking of which, how can I get involved enough with the Council so that eventually I get turned by them.
Once again, I LOVE YOU, ASHER.
Greetings from Bulgaria.

Mon Dieu, ma chere...breathe! Merci beaucoup. It is nice to know that I have fans.

I must say that my path never crossed with the Countess.

If all that you want is to be turned, there are vampires everywhere that will do that. The Council is scattered to the four corners. No one there would turn anyone anyway. Their standards are so impossibly high. You could approach the Master of the City in Sofia, Pleven, Montana, Sliven or any other city. Just be advised that life for a European fledgling is far different than for an American one.

Well, beyond that. The Circus now looks like the North Pole...with vampires. I went with all silver and white. With the weather, it seemed fitting. I turned the main floor of the Big Top into an ice rink and thereby getting sour looks from my employees that they had to learn to skate. big grin I do enjoy my petty cruelties now and again. None of them had seen me skate at first so they were snickering thinking I would have trouble.

To their dismay, the first rehearsal of the new show, I skated out to the center and stopped perfectly. Modern skates make it easy. They should have tried it with handmade ones that I learned on long ago. Jean-Claude laughed and called me a show-off. So I may be. So I may be. big grin

Merci beaucoup mademoiselle Coldphyre
Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
AsherxAnita4ever
Vampire Slave
Vampire Slave

Post Reply with quote
[/quote]Mon Dieu, ma chere...breathe! Merci beaucoup. It is nice to know that I have fans.

I must say that my path never crossed with the Countess.

If all that you want is to be turned, there are vampires everywhere that will do that. The Council is scattered to the four corners. No one there would turn anyone anyway. Their standards are so impossibly high. You could approach the Master of the City in Sofia, Pleven, Montana, Sliven or any other city. Just be advised that life for a European fledgling is far different than for an American one.

Well, beyond that. The Circus now looks like the North Pole...with vampires. I went with all silver and white. With the weather, it seemed fitting. I turned the main floor of the Big Top into an ice rink and thereby getting sour looks from my employees that they had to learn to skate. big grin I do enjoy my petty cruelties now and again. None of them had seen me skate at first so they were snickering thinking I would have trouble.

To their dismay, the first rehearsal of the new show, I skated out to the center and stopped perfectly. Modern skates make it easy. They should have tried it with handmade ones that I learned on long ago. Jean-Claude laughed and called me a show-off. So I may be. So I may be. big grin[/quote]

Wow. It sounds pretty what you did with the circus. Very pretty. I can't skate too, but I wouldn't mind learning. you should tell them that learning is always good. i have no doubt you were great. welldone Those people should know not to doubt a vampire such as yourself. Well, Jean-Claude would be the one to call you ashow-off. He's not the one to talk. Besides, if showing-off makes you fell good - why not do it then.

On the matter of me being turned - that's not simply all I want. I'm kind of a greedy over-achiever. Council equals power and prestige as well as a good number of people fearing you. And passing standards as high as theirs would be a huge personal triumph.

i must say that even though I live in Sofia I know next to nothing about the Master of the City, except for the fact that he is one of the sponsors for my school. I'm left with the impression that he doesn't really like public attention.
It's Christmas soon. Are you and jean-Claude planning something of a Secret Santa sort of thing among the employees. It's always fun when people complain that they don't want to give a gift to their santee, because they don't like him/her.

xx

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Asher2Ashes
Character Blogger

Post Reply with quote
Bonsoir, mes amis.

I apologize for being absent for so long. Jean-Claude and I took a few nights off together; just us and our pommes. We did not go far, but we were at least out of the Circus and away from the chaos that seems to ensue there.

It is such a rare event to get Jean to take any time off that I was surprised he agreed so readily. Perhaps the constant presence of Anita was the catalyst. I do not know. I am just happy that we were able to spend some time alone. What is surprising is that absolutely nothing went wrong. There were no emergency calls. The businesses ran smoothly. No one got their feelings hurt. Delightful.

Now we are back at work and putting the final touches on our plans for the Mardi Gras party at the Circus in March. It is to be a charity event and several local politicians and celebrities are supposed to be in attendance. So, security will have to be planned in detail. I will not go into the details since anyone can read this blog. Let me just say that we have an excellent security staff.

If you are in the St. Louis area in early March and wish to join us, it would be wise to purchase your tickets now. We expect to be sold out.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Asher2Ashes
Character Blogger

Post Perfume Reply with quote
I take issue with a habit that some humans practice – the use of too much cologne/perfume. You will rarely, if ever, encounter a shape-shifter or vampire wearing too much because it obstructs our sense of smell. Some humans, however, seem to believe that pouring it on is necessary.

Before modern times, people used eau de toilette frequently to help cover the odors that occurred from infrequent bathing, washing of clothes and the sewers. I could forgive that seeing how there was no indoor plumbing. (side note: Did you realize that the palace at Versailles was originally built without one single privy in the entire place? The stairwells held community chamber pots. A preternatural being could literally smell the place a mile before it came into view. Le Roi, Louis XIV, always had perfumed kerchiefs tucked into his sleeves.)

Where was I…oh yes, I can forgive those prior to modern times, however today we do not have the same issues. So, I ask, why is it that some humans insist on dousing themselves in these so-called perfumes today? Most of these fragrances are stomach-turning in the extreme. They are cheaply made and have so much alcohol in them that it stings the eyes.

The worst offenders are the entire line of products put out by “Axe” that are marketed to young men and adolescents. Compared to the stink of these products, I would rather prefer the odor of an unwashed adolescent boy. For those of you who have ever had the displeasure of having the scent of an unwashed adolescent boy waft through your olfactory senses, you will know just how desperate I am to avoid “Axe” products. I have gone so far as to specifically ban them from the human employees at the Circus of the Damned. Micro-managing? Perhaps, but I cannot abide that odor.

We take great measures to neutralize all odors at the Circus with the exception of the food scents such as popcorn and cotton candy. With as many vampires, shifters and circus animals that we have on the premises, we use industrial neutralizers and constant air flow.

I cannot control our patrons. I wish that I could.

I have no neat little bow to wrap this post. It is a simple enough rant. Fort hose of you who may use the products mentioned and are offended, get over it. I have had other humans tell me how much they hate that line of products also so perhaps you shall get a “clue” and stop using them. At least realize that excessive fragrance use is not necessary. You do not need to smell it. Other can. Trust me on this.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:44 am View user's profile Send private message
Wicked Kisses
Lycanthrope
Lycanthrope

Post Perfume Reply with quote
I have to say that, even though I have only slightly enhanced olfactory senses(I can smell it when the kid next door skins a knee or someone down the block is baking) I feel the same. Most people think that the natural odor of a clean healthy body is somehow offensive! Frankly, regular bathing (and these Americans sometimes take this to an extreme) and proper oral hygiene preclude the use of more than the lightest of scents.

I cannot count the number of times I've gotten a sudden migraine because some fool was wearing too much too close to me.

Wicked Kisses on PDS
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Asher2Ashes
Character Blogger

Post Reply with quote
Je suis desole, mes amis. And forgive the missing accent marks off of my letters. I am not using my usual keyboard as it is laying in several thousand pieces on the floor. *sighs* It is a long story.

To shorten said tale, let me just say that I was not the one that broke the keyboard. That distinction goes to our usually calm Viking.

The topic of my post today is those (are those? it does not look right either way) insidious little lies that people spread about our Kiss. Even those that are inside of our Kiss seem to like to spread rumors and one of those rumors angered Damien. It "royally pissed him off," as he said before he slammed his fist down on my keyboard. Apparently, he believed that I was the author of this rumor.

Do you have any idea how scary a thousand-year old, heavily muscled Viking can be when he is angry. I am not short by any means, but I am thin. He could have snapped me in half. Luckily, I have been through hell with Belle Morte and was used to masking my fear. I talked him down.

Now this is not the talking as most people would do should they find themselves in a similar situation. Non, this was the sing-song, soothing talk that I used for centuries before they developed the term "smooth-talker." I excel at it. Of course, I was trained by the best instructor around - the Royal French Court. At the height of the Court, I could have talked someone into eating dirt and thanking me for the opportunity to do so.

What I said to Damien and what the original rumor was are both topics that are unimportant. The end result was that he did not take me down, which is good. I have already been thrown around by Meng Die (a tiny little thing) which was embarrassing enough without adding a non-Master vampire to the list. I got away with a smashed keyboard.

And to hush those eventual "But Asher..." types - Oui, I know that there is a character map and shortcut keys to get the correct letters, but frankly I am too lazy to even bother right now.

My next task is to help assess some of the damage the river did by overrunning. Which I would like to correct Anita on something; not all of the caves that connect our caverns are dry caves. We found at least two that were not as evidenced by floating coffins and soggy, grumpy fledglings.

After that then shall come a day of reckoning about rumor-mills within the Kiss. We all have enough trouble from outside sources to be in-fighting. Does that not sound so "official?" Of course, it does not apply to me, as most of the rules around here do not. I am definitely one of those "do as I say, not as I do" types. Deal with it.

Au revoir.

Wed May 11, 2011 11:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Asher2Ashes
Character Blogger

Post Reply with quote
May I take back what I previously posted about traveling? Jean-Claude has it in his pretty little head that I am going to Miami on Friday for a week.

Miami.

Florida.

In the middle of summer. Over the solstice. When the sun is in the sky for the longest. I swear sometimes that he hates me.

That is all that I can say on the subject.

PS - does anyone know of where I can get vampire sunscreen, say SPF 5 million? Non? Merde.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Pomme de Sang Forum Index » Character Blogs All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: